This started out as a homework assignment for my watercolor and gouache class, but I ended up refining it a lot after the critique.
I’ve been trying to add more patterning and textures to my work- I got out some books from the library on different patterns, and they’re really interesting and gorgeous. Definitely something I want to explore more!
I’m doing pre production art for my boyfriend Mathew McNamara’s film project! I’m going to be helping art direct, and doing some look development and storyboarding. This one is watercolor and gouache on paper, with a few tweaks in photoshop.
I usually don’t like asking the internet for money, but we really need help raising funds for the film through kickstarter. So if you feel so inclined, please donate! Any amount is helpful. It would be really amazing to have the money to make this film reach its full potential.
Molly and I have traveled across the country from Patagonia to Buenos Aires! It’s a gorgeous city with a lot going on- I’m really enjoying it so far. Here are the latest watercolors, I’ve stopped doing the tiny ones in favor of the medium size, it gives me more space to play around with softer areas and whatnot. I’m still struggling with getting enough saturation into my work, something that’s always been pretty difficult for me. Hopefully by the end of this I can get a better hang of how watercolors actually work and how to get a good amount of saturation without sacrificing the value range!
There wasn’t actually a specific assignment… it was just to make a comic. This is in watercolor, which wasn’t the best idea because it ended up taking forever. It’s also the first time I’ve ever laid out a real comic page, and I don’t really know what I’m doing. Oh well! Still fun!